RSS

I am on an adventure to discover the benefits and joy of couponing. I do not plan or expect to become an extreme couponer. I want simple savings for my family in which I can translate that savings into family vacation time each year.

Junk food turned Gourmet

I have mentioned it from time to time how I do not always take certain premade foods at face value. I like to change them up and even make them better.

My favorite is cheap pizza. I love taking a plain cheese pizza and turning it into a gourmet type version. This week I have been topping my pizza with various toppings.

Look at this lunch I made


This is a totinos cheese pizza topped with bacon, mushrooms, baby spinach, roma tomatoes, and provolone cheese. It makes it quite a hearty meal that can certainly be shared by 2-4 people. What makes this even better is all this was purchased thanks to coupons. Some directly from coupons. The rest because of overage or deep savings from other items purchased with coupons.

Just because you look at something as being junk food does not mean it has to stay junk food. I am comfortable feeding meals like this to my kids. Today my 22 month old nephew helped me to enjoy this meal.

This may not be your high dollar gourmet but this is a great way to bring gourmet to your table in a very cost effective way that you family will love!

Do you reinvent premade meals purchased with coupons?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews